Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Mom's Cooking : Smoked Salmon Pie


I go home about once a week to visit my family and when I do I always look forward to my mom's cooking! I guess this would be the same for most kids...as they crave all of their mom's specialties...my mom is French but having lived in Asia for many years she now cooks a variety of dishes and whenever I think about her cooking there are certain dishes I dream about...her Lasagna, Asian Inspired Ratatouille served with CousCous, Boeuf Bourguignon, Coq Au Vin, Eggplant Brown Rice Salad, Morrocan Meatballs, Soy Marinated Grilled Salmon, Assorted Savory pies and more....this past Sunday I was treated to a wonderfully creamy Smoked Salmon Pie with a crisp side salad...the pie was rich and flavorful...a tomato pesto base followed by fresh cream, mashed zucchini, and smoked salmon...and topped with cheese...

This was delectable! After such a rich meal however I might have to take it easy for a while :)

4 comments:

Ashley said...

This looks (and sounds) amazing! I definitely know what you mean about crazing your mom's dishes... my mom is a champ for what I like to call "soul food"... baked macaroni, fresh made chicken noodles over creamy mashed potatoes, and custard pie!

Anonymous said...

Alex, looks like a great pie you have there, and happy deepavali to you!

Anonymous said...

I look forward to reading your blog. One can virtually taste the food from the passionate description given. I will be trying my hands at some of the recipes you've given. Occassionally I do experiment myself and will let you in on some of the outcomes soon:)
Nana

DianaNew said...

Good Web, i enjoyed reading it. Will copy some recipe for tonight dinner. Recipes sound good, yummy....