Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas

Sorry there hasn't been any updates...

I wish I could tell you that my Christmas was filled with joy, cheer, delicious food and more...it wasn't.

My mom and I were cooking on the afternoon of Christmas Eve for the dinner party for our friends and relatives later that night...there was laughter...Christmas carols playing in the background...my hands were covered in marinade for the lamb...

Then the phonecall came...it was my mom's brother calling from France to let us know that my grandma had passed away. It was completely unexpected as she wasn't even sick...

Immediately our Christmas Eve became a blur of phonecalls to book a flight for my mom...I don't remember the rest of the cooking as I was in a daze through most of it...all I know was that I had to finish all the dishes so that our guests would have something to eat. We transported all the food over to my Aunt's place as our family no longer felt up to entertaining...

I feel like it brought my family closer than any other Christmas could have...and now Christmas Eve will always have a different meaning for us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my deepest condolences to you and your family... i was sooo looking forward to xmas at your place, and i was so sad when it got cancelled... i can only imagine how much worse it must have been for you and your family...
but like you said it brought your family closer, and now every year you'll have an extra special day to remember your grandma... =)