Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Idiot's Guide #4: Pasta Salad

For a light quick meal a pasta salad is always a good bet. It can be highly nutritious and so satisfying at the same time. This recipe can be changed up in many ways...you could use any type of pasta you enjoy...you could choose to use tuna or smoked salmon...or chicken...that is why this dish is so simple...just use what meat or veggie you have on hand and voila!

In this salad I used a wild rocket pesto that I bought at the store...but feel free to make your own pesto or buy any kind that you would like...a pasta salad is so versatile and will taste good with just about any sauce.

Pasta Salad

1 can charbroiled salmon drained
1 cup sautéed mushroom slices
1 red pepper diced
1 bunch steamed asparagus roughly chopped
1/4 red onion diced
1 tbs olive oil
3 tbs pesto
2 cups of tri colour fusilli cooked as per package instructions

Toss the fusilli with olive oil so that the noodles don’t stick together. Add in the salmon, mushrooms, red pepper, asparagus and red onion. Mix in pesto when ready to eat.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks ablsolutely yummy!!! finally, a picture to go with the description of what you had for lunch today! ...tho it does look a lot yummier than what i pictured in my head! =) ... sooo not helping with my current state of hunger! grrr!

Anonymous said...

Hehe I love the title! So many people relate to Idiots Guides. I recall my boss reading an Idiots Guide to the Internet-and she was supposed to be the head of the internet division!

Chefspiration said...

Carol - it was really good! We had it for dinner on Monday and lunch on Tuesday and when I got home Tues night R was asking where it was cuz he was craving for more!

Lorraine - So many people have been asking me for an idiots guide and I keep telling them to try things out and see what they like...but they insist on an actual guide!