Tuesday, March 11, 2008

.99 Steak & Chops

I have officially found a great value for money western style restaurant...not only is the food good...the portions are HUGE...and the prices are extremely reasonable...

I happened to stumble upon this place one night after my belly dancing class...I was tired and hungry and I just needed some comfort food...I walked along the row of restaurants and .99 Steak & Chops seemed to be filled to the brim with patrons. I took a look at the crowd and I figured the food must be good so I took a seat...
I looked through the menu and saw that the prices were much lower than one would expect in a western restaurant so I was a bit skeptical...the food either tastes bad...or...the portions are incredibly small...

Either way we had already sat down and so we proceeded to order. R was not feeling particularly hungry and so when he saw that the king burger was only RM7.5o he figured it would be a nice small bite...possibly something along the lines of a Ramly Burger. I opted for something to refuel my energy after my workout and so I chose the spaghetti with mushrooms and chicken tossed in olive oil(RM10).

When the food arrived we were shocked! This was the small burger R was expecting:

It was HUGE! The burger comprised of a thick juicy beef patty, an egg, cheese, coleslaw and all the usual trimmings(lettuce, tomato, onion etc)...served with fries and brown sauce on the side...all this for only RM7.50! Incredible...it tasted really good too...not quite Fogals...but at this price you'll enjoy it even more.

My pasta was another pleasant surprise...Out came a huge bowl filled with spaghetti topped with mushrooms, grilled chicken, chicken ham, garlic, basil, parsley, and chili flakes...all tossed in olive oil. This was very flavorful and the portion was so large that I could not finish it. I would recommend that two people share this.

Their motto is "Now everyone can eat" and I certainly agree!

This was a very satisfying meal and you don't have to dig too deep in your pockets to really enjoy yourself. If you find yourself in the Taman Tun area I suggest you drop by for a bite!

.99 Steak & Chops
Persiaran Zaaba, TTDI
Along the same row as Perodua / Porto Romano / Canadian Pizza

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I'm impressed! I'm almost resigned to the fact that everytime I go out to makan, out goes RM50 - RM100. hehe.

Anonymous said...

I just worked out that $7.50RMB is about $2.60AUD which is amazing! You'd never find a burger that cheap here in Australia (probably even including McDonalds) :o