"Oh you don't need to get me a gift"
"I'll be happy with anything! After all it's the thought that counts"
This year is different though...because I have a kitchen that needs a LOT of things before I can be happy with it...and since I know my loved ones will get me gifts no matter what, I've decided to put up a little wishlist to make it easier since these are all things I need for a proper functional kitchen.
If you were planning on getting me a gift for Christmas here are some things you can consider:
- Set of Plates (Right now I'm using plastic plates that belong to my housemate)
- Glasses (Yes I'm using plastic glasses too)
- Meat Thermometer
- Box Grater with four grating surfaces
- Kitchen Scale
- Glass Tupperware
- A Pepper Mill
- A set of Ramekins and a Blow Torch (So I can try my hand at creme brulee)
- Pretty Serving Plates for dinner parties or for blog photography
- Baking Pans in all shapes and sizes
- A set to grow my own herb garden (Small pots, soil, different seed packets of herbs)
- An apron and pot holders
- Spice Rack
- A Set of Knives (My gorgeous Global Chef's Knife could use some friends in different shapes and sizes)
- Wooden Block so my Knives have a home
- Glass Mixing Bowls
- Steaming Rack for Vegetables
- Glass Casserole Dish
I'm also always happy with Gourmet Ingredients from Gourmandines... specialty salts, oils, spices...mmm...
These will help me build a great kitchen and they'll be useful for years to come!