Monday, February 02, 2009

Tuna Casserole

Over the CNY break my fridge wasn't stocked and many of the stores in the neighborhood were closed for the holiday...so for lunch one day I decided to see what I could find in the kitchen...I ended up having all the ingredients for a tuna casserole minus the grated mozzarella cheese and bread crumbs to sprinkle on top...I improvised and just cut up a few slices of creamy Camembert to throw into the mix...so this ended up being a decadent creamy cheese pasta.

This is certainly not healthy...but when hunger calls and an empty fridge is what you're faced with...a sinfully delicious treat like this cannot be denied.

Creamy Tuna Casserole

3 Cups of Cooked Pasta
1/2 Onion Chopped Finely
1 Can Tuna
1 Can Cream of Mushroom
1/2 Cup Low Fat Milk
Few slices of Camembert
Salt and Pepper to taste

Boil the pasta as per the directions on the package. Mix the onion, tuna, cream of mushroom, milk, and salt and pepper in a casserole dish. Preheat the oven to 150 Celsius. Once the pasta is cooked, drain it, and add it to the dish. Make sure the noodles are well coated with the mixture. Toss in the Camembert and stir. Put the casserole dish in oven for 15 mins. Enjoy!

Variation: If you have more ingredients in your fridge such as peas, carrots, mushrooms etc. Go ahead and add them in! I only worked with what I had.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum! I haven't tried tuna cassserole with camembert in it. Sounds very interesting!