Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Beer is good for you! Is it?

I came across this yesterday and just thought I would share it with you:

Is beer actually good for us?

Well, beer does contain protein, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, and vitamin B, B2, and B6. It is also free of fat and free of cholesterol. Both dark and light beers are reported to improve bone mineral density because they contain high amounts of an ingredient which allows the deposit of calcium and other minerals into bone tissue. Protecting bones may not be the only health benefit of beer. Another recent study found that dark beer contains antioxidants that help prevent clogged arteries so it may reduce the risk of heart disease. Compared to wine, beer is as good for you as red wine it is said to be but rates much higher than white wine for its contents of antioxidants.

I don't know how you guys feel about this...but I obviously love the information considering I prefer beer to any kind of alcohol(weird for a girl...I know...I get it all the time!) But I'm just putting it up here to see peoples thoughts on the subject...you be the judge...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you like beer, what is ur favourite beer? Any recipe of beer with food or any pairing that will goes nicely with beer?

Chefspiration said...

Hmm...it's hard to say what my fav is...depends on the occasion...I like Tiger, Paulaner, Stella, Corona, and more...

I love beer battered fish...and I've also used beer in my chili con carne...yumm!

carol said...

beer is good for us?!? ohmigawd! beer is good for us!! whoooot! bone mineral density baby!!!
yay! i'm so happy.. i think i'll celebrate with a beer! hehehe!